Fact - Yes, chocolate is toxic to dogs. While rarely fatal, chocolate ingestion can result in significant illness. Chocolate is toxic because it contains a chemical called theobromine, very similar to caffeine. What to do if you think your dog ate chocolate - When in doubt, contact your local veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline 800-213-6680
What to Look for in Dog Treats We suggest that you start with the ingredients. While you are examining the list of ingredients for quality components, make sure the treat does not contain any of the following: Artificial colors, Artificial preservatives, Chemical humectants. Doggylicious was founded on a simple premise...to create homemade all natural treats that all dogs will love. We use the highest quality ingredients, with no added salt, sugar or preservatives. We use one ingredient - Grade A Chicken/Turkey
It's another hot day in New England! Take steps to keep your dog cool on hot days. Look for signs of heat exhaustion: 1. Rapid and heavy panting 2. Increase salivation or thick saliva 3.Vomiting and diarrhea If your dog has heat exhaustion and isn't cool down or re-hydrated the condition can progress to heat stroke. Stay Safe
We love treating our dogs and we all love to eat treats from time to time. Life is not about depriving ourselves and our pets of pleasures but, it is good to know what treats are healthy and which ones to avoid. I promise your dog/cat will be happy to get a piece of Chicken/Turkey Jerky from Doggylicious. Giving your dog a treat is an expression of love. Choosing Doggylicious is a smart choice. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Are you taking your dog to the pool or beach this summer? Remember to bring sunscreen for your dog, they can get sunburned too! Your dog is at the same risk when it comes to UV Rays. Just like us the lighter the dog, the greater the risk. Only use a sunscreen made for dogs ( Never human sunscreen) it contains zinc oxide and other chemicals. Your dog can lick or ingest it. Stay Safe and have a Happy Summer!